Here’s a guide and checklist to consider before embarking on your new venture.
What qualities do you need to become a Tutor? What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a Tutor?
The main reason should be your passion for teaching. The other perks will be extra income, flexible hours, becoming your own boss etc.
Most students look for Tutors because their learning needs are not met in school. You will need to ask yourself – how can I bridge this gap between learning requirements of my student and what is being offered in school.
A few other questions to consider…
- Do I love teaching?
- Do I feel qualified enough to teach tuition?
- What subjects can I teach?
- How many hours can I dedicate a day to giving tuition without affecting my other commitments and responsibilities?
- Will I want to teach during the weekend?
- How much is my time worth?
The winning combination will definitely be the love for teaching with the willingness to work hard.
Here are some Tips to consider…
- Do your research and think through how you will go about it.
- Spend time planning and gathering resources to improve your teaching skills and overcome the gaps in your teaching abilities
- How will you market your skills and create visibility around your profile ?
- Build your brand and reputation. Do not let money be your main driving force. Then you can begin to increase your rates.
- How to decide on the time and location of tuitions.
- Can you travel and take home tuitions without burning yourself out and staying safe?
- Always be courteous and respectful towards your students and their parents.
- How can you capture the attention of your students in a way that fully engages and motivates them?
Start your Tutoring journey now!
Need help getting started. Not sure how much to charge. Need guidance on marketing your services. Get hassle free payments. Become a Tutorpreneur. OTAK is a one stop Innovative Online solution for Tutors.
Register on OTAK Online Tuition Platform for FREE and start Tutoring Online.